I have said this many times in the past year or so since Neal went on his mission, but his letter yesterday REALLY got to me. In his letter for this week he talked about service and the things he's been doing down there in Brazil. At the end of his letter he asked us to read 1 Nephi chapter 17 (specifically the first 15-20 verses). So I did that last night as my scripture reading and 1 Nephi 17:13 hit me like a ton of bricks, in a good way! It reads:
"And I will also be your light in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised land; and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led."
That verse was very inspirational to me because I've been struggling a lot lately with what we're suppose to be doing and where we're suppose to be going as far as Jeff's job and the townhouse selling is concerned. I've had feelings and impressions that we're gonna be moving soon (even some feelings that we'll be moving away from Salt Lake), but nothings ever really come of those and I would get a bit frustrated at times. But after reading that verse I know that it doesn't matter where we go or where we end up, as long as we are keeping the commandments I know that the Lord will guide us to where we need to be. He is truly watching over us and knows our situation and struggles and He will provide for, as He has been doing this entire time. I love the Lord dearly and I am eternally grateful for all that he has blessed me with. I have an amazing husband and two beautiful angels, we have a roof over our head and family and friends that love and support us. I was very touched by this verse and it really opened my eyes and gave me a LOT of answers that I have been looking for.
The rest of the day was a little rough but good. I haven't been sleeping the greatest the past few nights, so I was tired and the girls were all over the place. Brooklyn has been especially cranky the last couple of days, I don't know if she's teething or having a growth spurt or what, but she has just been ornery. It hasn't helped that we've had strange people walking through our house and the weather has been wet and cold so we've been stuck inside. It's suppose to be warmer the rest of the week and this weekend so hopefully we can get out of the house some. We did get a couple of offers on the townhouse so hopefully things will really start moving forward with the selling process.
After dinner we went to Bountiful for a surprise party for Angela that Nathan put together. It was fun to see some friends that we haven't seen in awhile. The girls had a blast too.
Anyway, I'm tired and need to head to bed. Good Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment