Today has been a good day. I had a bit of a break this morning and was able to go do a much needed session at the temple. It was a good session and it was so wonderful to feel at peace with everything, especially since I've been struggling so badly lately. I really hate having depression and anxiety some times, but I'm trying really hard to manage it better. I thought things would be easier now that Jeff has a job (after 6 months of being unemployed), and in some ways it is, but in other it isn't. We've lost our medicaid for the girls and the new job doesn't offer any insurance. I am grateful that Jeff has a job anyway though, it's a lot better than just having him loaf around the house and do nothing all day.
After I got back from the temple our neighbor Holly and her little boy Timothy came over and we went to Wheeler Farm. It was a lot of fun, and Emmalyn actually really got into looking at the animals. Brooklyn preferred to stay in the stroller, she's obsessed with it! She can't get near the van without going straight to the back and asking to get the stroller out, and then throwing a huge fit when I tell her "not this time" or "maybe later". I love my girls so much, they're so precious to me. I admit that I have days where my patience isn't the greatest with them, but hey I'm human and having two little toddlers around both pushing every button of yours they possibly can it's hard to keep your complete cool. Needless to say there have been a few days when one or even both of the girls have become very familiar with their "time-out" corner. But they also strengthen me and give me a reason to keep going and keep being faithful every step of the way.
We also had someone come look at the townhouse today (finally)! We've the price so freakishly low that I'll be very surprised if don't start getting a nearly-constant parade of people coming to look at it. If we don't, than we have an even bigger probably than we already thought. Oh well, I'm grateful that we still have a roof over out heads and that we are same and protected from the elements.
Anyway, I'm very tired and I've got a LONG day ahead of me tomorrow. Here's to getting back in the habit of journal writing!
No comments:
Post a Comment