Sunday, May 8, 2011

5-8-11 Mother's Day

Today started out a little rough (Emmalyn was extremely cranky) but has turned out the be a rather nice day. We spent the morning just hanging out as a family and enjoying a peaceful morning at home. It's times like this that I enjoy having church later in the morning (11:00), but for the most part I prefer it earlier rather than later, but oh well, at least we have the rights and the freedoms to go to church in the first place!

Our church meetings went rather well. The girls did good in Sacrament meeting and stayed in the nursery the whole time. In Sunday school we talked a lot about sacrifices and how people are asked to sacrifice many different types of things, and how they're all personal in one way or another. Tithing, of course, is a general "sacrifice" for all members of the church, but it's one that I know brings great blessings into our lives. Jeff mentioned how every ones sacrifices, just like every ones trials, are personal and can come in many different ways. It got me thinking a lot about things that I've been asked to sacrifice in my life. There really hasn't been anything too major or extremely difficult to give up, but I've struggled here and there. I got thinking about our struggles lately with job loss and problems with the house, but I don't really see those as sacrifices I think they're more considered trials. But regardless of whether it's a sacrifice or a trial what really matters is how we deal with it all. I'd like to say that I've handed the last 6-7 months well, but that wouldn't be entirely true. I've had my moments of doubt and self-pity, but I'm always reminded of how much the Lord is still watching over us and providing for us, i.e. diapers left on our porch, gift cards left on our door, etc.

I love the Lord so much and am continually amazed at how much He blessed me, especially when I'm being difficult. It's even harder to remain positive when my anxiety and depression kick in, but I work hard to overcome those moments, and it really helps to have Jeff there who can help me understand and see things in a different way.

We did our usual and went to Jeff's mom's for dinner and enjoyed a nice visit over there. Now to start another week and I'm hoping we can get some people to come look at the townhouse and maybe even put some offers on it!! Good Night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment